Monday, August 9, 2010

3rd Annual Fresno Chamber Golf Tournament


On Monday, June 28th the Fresno Chamber of Commerce hosted their 3rd Annual Golf Tournament. As an Ambassador I usually volunteer to help out during an event such as this but not this time. I was given the chance through my employer to participate as a golfer and there wasn't any way I was passing it up.
First of all, the tournament was held at San Joaquin Country Club which is a golf course that I have wanted to play for many years but have been unable to because it is a private course. Let me tell you, the golf course did not disappoint as it was in pristine condition with beautifully kept fairways and greens. I will admit that I am not the best golfer but there is always something about a beautiful golf course that seems to help your golf game. Okay, maybe it is just my imagination as it really didn't help my team win the tournament. However, I think the Fresno Chamber's Golf Tournament did provide other like me a great opportunity to play golf at a prestigious local golf course.
Secondly, the tournament entry included beverages, lunch, dinner, and opportunities to win prizes. The lunch consisted of your choice of tasty chicken or beef burritos, and a cookie for dessert. We were then treated to a nice pasta & wine dinner after our hard day on the course. As for prizes one of the ways that you could win was through a putting contest. There were a few holes set up on the practice green where the person with the lowest putting score won additional money. I thought I had a good chance at winning this contest but lost by one stroke. Oh well, maybe next year. There were also raffle tickets that you could purchase to win some great prizes. A live auction was also conducted during dinner which included things such as an iPad, hotel accommodations, and a dinner for ten prepared in your own home by a top local chef.
At the end of the day, it seemed like everyone who participated in the tournament had a great time and the event seemed to be a success for the Chamber. I will keep my fingers crossed in hopes that I can golf in next year's tournament. I think I'll start practicing now. FORE!
This blog provided by Javier Morales of The Fresno Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment